Rocket attacks against Israel: Three people face charges in Lebanon

Damage but no casualties

BEIRUT - A prosecutor in Lebanon on Monday charged three people -- two Lebanese and a Palestinian -- with firing rockets from the south of the country into Israel last month, judicial sources said.
"Military tribunal prosecutor Saqr Saqr charged two Lebanese, Yussef al-Fleiti and Mohamed Abdul Moula al-Atrash, with the crime of firing rockets at the occupied territories," the source said, referring to Israel.
The source said a third person, a Palestinian who remains at large, was also charged with involvement in the August 22 attack.
On Saturday, the Lebanese army announced it had captured two people who had confessed to having transported rockets from the eastern Bekaa to Tyre in southern Lebanon.
The salvo of four rockets, which caused damage but no casualties, was claimed by the Abdullah Azzam Brigades -- an Al-Qaeda-linked Palestinian militant group behind similar rocket fire on Israel in 2009 and 2011.
But Israeli air strikes on August 23 targeted a position of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, a small Palestinian group allied with the Syrian regime that had denied involvement in the rocket fire.